Sebadoh’s next US tour kicks off on February 5th. We would love to have your help in spreading the word about the show you’ll be attending. If you’d be able to do some special Facebooking and Tweeting about the show we will happily give you a limited edition screen-printed tour poster designed by LandLand signed to you by the band! (Preview coming soon)
HERE ARE THE STEPS YOU NEED TO FOLLOW TO SUCCEED:
- Join the Facebook page for Sebadoh Digital Street Team. Become a Facebook friend of Joyful Reagan (our label mascot) and follow JoyfulNoiseRecs on Twitter. This is how we will be able to see all your generous sharing to confirm your participation.
- Share the brand new video for ‘State of Mine’ that is posted on Sebadoh’s Facebook page and in the street team group.
- Follow the directions as they’ll be shared with you in the Facebook group over the coming days and weeks. It will involve:
- Finding the event page for your show and joining, inviting, commenting, and sharing.
- Sharing cool stuff like Lou Barlow’s interview on WTF with Marc Maron.
- Tweeting about the show you’re going to.
GO THE EXTRA MILE – We’ll be selecting the top five Digital Street Teamers to receive a super special reward! Some suggestions for standing out:
- Invite all your friends to the event page for your show
- Use this image as your Facebook cover photo
- Use a Sebadoh image close to your heart as your profile pic until your show****
- Create a Sebadoh digital mixtape and share it
- Retweet Sebadoh’s tweets and tweet about the show
- whatever else your beautiful and creative mind can come up with!
TO FINISH: The day of/after your show message Reagan on Facebook. Tell her what show you went to and that you’ve completed all the steps. You’ll then be sent a link to go claim your signed tour poster.
And remember if you are selected as one of our five exemplary street teamers you will receive a super special reward which we’ll be announcing sooner than later!
What is a test pressing? from Joyful Noise on Vimeo.
Announcing our second annual Test Pressing Week! Beginning TODAY, Monday, December 2nd, we are selling off our vinyl test pressings from each of our 2013 releases.
TEST PRESSINGS AVAILABLE TODAY (MONDAY DEC. 2)
Cause & Effect (3×7″ w/ Thurston Moore, Lou Barlow, David Yow, etc.)
Child Bite “Vision Crimes / Monomania”
David Yow “Tonight You Look Like A Spider”
DMA “Pheel Phree”
Dumb Numbers “Dumb Numbers”
Available all week are extremely limited vinyl test pressings from Sebadoh, Kishi Bashi, David Yow, Dumb Numbers, WHY?, Son Lux, and others. Each test pressing is hand-numbered out of just a few copies, and many of them are SIGNED by the artists.
Test Pressings will be sold on this page each day at NOON (Eastern US Time). Our aim is to keep these test pressings reasonably priced for the super-fans that will appreciate them. To this end, we reserve the right to cancel orders if it becomes obvious that you have a scheme to sell these on eBay for $300 or something.
PLEASE NOTE: you must be a VIP Member to purchase test pressings. If you are not yet a VIP, don’t worry — it’ll only set you back $5
SIGN UP HERE
WHAT IS A TEST PRESSING?
8 WEEK WINTER INTERNSHIP BEGINS THIS WEEK 11-11
If you would like to come help us put out great records go here and fill out an application.
We’ve still got a couple spaces available. It is an unpaid internship. We ask for an eight week commitment with at least eight hours per week. There will be two weeks off for the holidays.
Come hang out, work a bit, get free stuff, and have some fun!
Here’s the application. See you soon!
On September 27, someone stole the touring van and all of the gear belonging to our guys Child Bite. Child Bite is the longest running band on our label — our first release with Child Bite was JNR15. Needless to say, we’ve been friends for a very long time, and we were very saddened to hear that some asshole stole all of the band’s equipment.
To help our buddies, we’re have arranged a fundraiser to replace some of what was stolen. You may not be aware that Shawn Knight from Child Bite is an extremely talented artist, and we are selling some of his best limited edition screen-printed posters from bands like Melvins, Kishi Bashi, Thee Oh Sees, etc. Posters are signed by Shawn Knight, hand-numbered, and we have fewer than 25 of each on hand.
All items are “Pay What You Want”. Please donate generously.
Thanks in advance for helping out an amazing band in a tough spot.
Filmed, edited, and directed by ADAM HARDING (of Dumb Numbers
), this mini-documentary details the construction of the cement “Monolith” edition of David Yow’s album “Tonight You Look Like A Spider”. The cement “Monolith” artwork was limited to 50 copies, each uniquely hand-crafted by Yow himself.
The Monoliths sold out immediately, but ”Tonight You Look Like A Spider” (sans cement Monolith) is available for purchase HERE.