Serengeti’s new album, Kenny Dennis III, is out November 11th. There are too many people in the world who don’t know about this and who don’t even know who Kenny is. I know! Crazy! To fix that, we’d like to enlist you to put up posters to raise awareness (in exchange for an awesome reward).
Just follow the instructions below:
1. Email [email protected] your name and the address where we can send you 30 of these posters:
2. After receiving your posters, give them each a caption announcing the coming of KD III on November 11th (get creative! there will be a reward for the best caption) and post them where potential Kenny fans will see them. Record stores, music venues, coffee shops, malls, sports venues, etc.
3. Take photos of your posters on display and email them to [email protected]
4. Sit back and wait to collect your reward, consisting of: a free advance download of Kenny Dennis III, a comic book detailing the events of the album and a screen printed poster of Kenny and Ders (signed by Serengeti) shown as a work in progress below.
For all of you who are gonna join the team, thank you. Now let’s go spread the word!
To begin email [email protected]
Busman’s Holiday kick off their fall tour with Saintseneca tonight, and we at JNR headquarters are offering a special promotion for anyone who wants to help the band by joining their Digital Street Team.
The process is simple, and the band would really appreciate it.
- Friend Reagan, our JNR mascot, on Facebook.
- Join the event page for the show nearest you (listed below).
- Share the event on your Facebook page.
- Invite your friends to join the event page.
Once you’ve completed these four steps just message Reagan on Facebook letting us know you’ve helped out and we’ll hook you up with a free download of your choice of Busman’s two albums, either Old Friends or A Long Goodbye.
9/30: Columbia, MO
10/1: Omaha, NE
10/2: Denver, CO
10/3: Albuquerque, NM
10/4: Flagstaff, AZ
10/5: Phoenix, AZ
10/6: Las Vegas, NV
10/8: San Diego, CA
10/9: Los Angeles, CA
10/10: Santa Ana, CA
10/11: San Francisco, CA
10/12: Portland, OR
10/13: Seattle, WA
10/14: Olympia, WA
10/15: Spokane, WA
10/16: Boise, ID
10/18: Salt Lake City, UT
10/20: Lincoln, NE
10/21: Lawrence, KS
For those of you who live near the shows in the second half of the tour (beginning with the Santa Ana show on Oct. 10th) we’re also looking for help putting up tour posters around town. If you think you’d be interested, just message Reagan on Facebook with your address and the show you’d like to help promote and we’ll send you some posters. We know this is extra work, so we’ll make it worthwhile for anyone who helps out.
Sleeping Bag’s new video for “Chillin’” a standout track from their most recent album “Deep Sleep”, is filled with Day-Glo colors and a Merry Pranksters like aesthetic that seems to belie the grungy atmosphere of the song itself. Look closer though, and the connection begins to take shape. A smiling hippy flashes the peace sign amidst a field of stumps extensive enough to bring the Lorax to his knees, while a giant thumbs up with hair like Jaco Pastorius sticks its own thumb in the air underneath angry clouds dumping oil on a dreary looking city.
It’s clear things are not what they seem, but are Sleeping Bag the ones “chillin’” in the face of destruction, or are they pointing the finger outward at the willfully ignorant among us? Maybe they’re just real stoned. You decide.
In anticipation of his upcoming album, Best of Boiler Room Classics (out May 5th), and fresh off the heels of his new single “I’m Worried”‘s premiere on Pitchfork, Mike Adams is heading out on tour! Catch the man and his band of Bloomington’s finest (including Joyful Noise’s own David Woodruff on bass) in a town near you, and don’t forget to pick up his new album from our friends over at Flannelgraph Records (our own limited supply is, sadly, sold out).
May 1 – Bloomington, IN / Russian Recording / LP Release Show
May 2 – Indianapolis, IN / Joyful Noise
May 3 – Grand Rapids, MI / Founder’s
May 4 – Lafayette, IN / Foam City
May 5 – Chicago, IL / Burlington Bar
May 6 – St. Louis, MO / Plush Parlor
May 7 – Louisville, KY / Zanzabar
May 8 – Nashville, TN / The End
May 9 – Dayton, OH / Blind Bob’s
May 10 – Cincinnati, OH / The Comet