Yep, Kishi Bashi has a new album on the horizon! The new album is titled “Lighght” (pronounced “light”) and will be released worldwide on May 13 via Joyful Noise. Yep, that’s the insane cover art pictured above. The album takes its title from the one-word poem by minimalist poet Aram Saroyan. Musically the album expands the sound of his critically acclaimed debut 151a to include not just avant-pop, but Eastern-tinged arrangements, gentle ballads, Philip Glass inspired improvisations, and more than a few moments that flirt with 70s prog (in the tradition of ELO or Yes).
The first song from the album is “Philosophize In It! Chemicalize With It!” – an orchestrated and fully realized final version of the track featured on the limited edition 7″ released a few months ago. Stream the song above!
Pre-Order will be available within the next two weeks, so keep your eyes peeled! And yes, we will have a special VIP-Exclusive edition. Until then, if you are headed to SXSW, you should check out Kishi Bashi at one of the following shows:
Friday, March 14 – Aerobic International OFFICIAL SXSW Showcase at Half Step Bar
Saturday, March 15 – Pandora Showcase at The Gatsby
Saturday, March 15 – Denver Post Reverb Showcase at The Dirty Dog
Saturday, March 15 – Wild Honey Pie Presents “The Beehive Showcase” at Cheer Up Charlie’s
- Debut – Impromptu
- Philosophize In It! Chemicalize With It!
- The Ballad of Mr. Steak
- Carry on Phenomenon
- Bittersweet Genesis for Him AND Her
- Impromptu no 1
- Once Upon a Lucid Dream (in Afrikaans)
- Hahaha Pt. 1
- Hahaha Pt. 2
- In Fantasia
Cover Art available here:
Sebadoh’s next US tour kicks off on February 5th. We would love to have your help in spreading the word about the show you’ll be attending. If you’d be able to do some special Facebooking and Tweeting about the show we will happily give you a limited edition screen-printed tour poster designed by LandLand signed to you by the band! (Preview coming soon)
HERE ARE THE STEPS YOU NEED TO FOLLOW TO SUCCEED:
- Join the Facebook page for Sebadoh Digital Street Team. Become a Facebook friend of Joyful Reagan (our label mascot) and follow JoyfulNoiseRecs on Twitter. This is how we will be able to see all your generous sharing to confirm your participation.
- Share the brand new video for ‘State of Mine’ that is posted on Sebadoh’s Facebook page and in the street team group.
- Follow the directions as they’ll be shared with you in the Facebook group over the coming days and weeks. It will involve:
- Finding the event page for your show and joining, inviting, commenting, and sharing.
- Sharing cool stuff like Lou Barlow’s interview on WTF with Marc Maron.
- Tweeting about the show you’re going to.
GO THE EXTRA MILE – We’ll be selecting the top five Digital Street Teamers to receive a super special reward! Some suggestions for standing out:
- Invite all your friends to the event page for your show
- Use this image as your Facebook cover photo
- Use a Sebadoh image close to your heart as your profile pic until your show****
- Create a Sebadoh digital mixtape and share it
- Retweet Sebadoh’s tweets and tweet about the show
- whatever else your beautiful and creative mind can come up with!
TO FINISH: The day of/after your show message Reagan on Facebook. Tell her what show you went to and that you’ve completed all the steps. You’ll then be sent a link to go claim your signed tour poster.
And remember if you are selected as one of our five exemplary street teamers you will receive a super special reward which we’ll be announcing sooner than later!