Joyful Noise is seeking a new Label Director!
About the position:
The Label Director runs daily operations of Joyful Noise, under the guidance of founder/curator Karl Hofstetter, and lead Project Manager Jessica Clark (who has held the Label Director position for the past five years).
This is a full-time, leadership role. Ideal candidate will possess:
– 3+ years of experience in the music industry.
– Strong familiarity with the independent music ecosystem.
– Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal relationship skills including, goal setting, performance management, developmental feedback and culture shaping.
– An inclusive, approachable style in managing and developing staff and label culture.
– A passion for vinyl culture, and familiarity with Joyful Noise artists.
– A strong desire to perform ethical and meaningful work, and a passion for social justice.
– Preferred applicants will reside in Indiana (or have a willingness to relocate). Job will require working from our Indianapolis office for special projects every 3-6 months.
Tasks included for Label Director:
– Team Leader for a Release Team of up to 7 coworkers, including Project Managers, Designers, Production Managers, Digital Director, Website Programer, and Direct Marketing.
– Managing the release schedule, new releases, catalog initiatives, and brand marketing initiatives.
– Staying abreast of the rapid evolution in mediums, channels and technologies, and drive innovation that allows Joyful Noise to fully anticipate and take advantage of these trends.
– Participating in regular meetings with Artists, Managers, and Agents.
– Working closely with Label Curator and Artists to support and translate their creative vision for marketing and operations staff.
– Coordination with 3rd party affiliates, including Secretly Distribution, Publicists, Manufacturers, Legal team, Spotify reps, etc.
– Oversight of HR/Payroll and office administration, including coordination with payroll company, bookkeeper, and royalty team.
– Conducting operational planning and forecasting, and providing guidance and recommendations to ownership about challenges, opportunities, and growth for the business.
– Continuing to build and transform the label culture in a way that aligns with the ethos and values of Joyful Noise and our Artists.
– Generally maintaining a positive, upbeat, communicative attitude with our coworkers, artists, and colleagues.
This is a salaried position, including two weeks paid vacation, and profit share bonuses. If this sounds like a good fit for you...