2019 Artist In Residence
- The Box Set includes 6 limited edition 12" vinyl records from six distinct musical projects. Each release limited to 666 copies on colored vinyl.
- Deluxe hand-made wooden screen-printed box set to house all this beautiful vinyl constructed by Thor Harris at his home in Austin, Texas (numbered out of 666). Each box assembled and screen-printed by Thor. There might be blood.
- Digital delivery for both Box Set Purchasers & Digital Package Purchasers, 6 email updates each containing one new project, complete with digital downloads in lossless WAV + MP3, letter from Thor and surprises. Be sure to make an account during checkout for access to downloads.
- Purchase includes the satisfaction of financially supporting an incredible artist.
Thor has lined up an impressive list of collaborators to join him on this year-long residency. The full list of contributing artists will be revealed upon completion, but confirmed collaborators include:
Michael Gira (Swans)
Norman Westberg (Swans)
Peggy Ghorbani (Thor & Friends)
Sarah “Goat” Gautier (Thor & Friends)
Alex Somers (producer, Sigur Rós)
John Congleton (producer, Swans, St. Vincent)
Bill Callahan (Smog)
David Yow (Scratch Acid, the Jesus Lizard)
Jenn Wasner (Wye Oak, Flock of Dimes, Bon Iver)
Andy Stack (Wye Oak)
Greg Saunier (Deerhoof)
John Dietrich (Deerhoof)
Jasamine White-Gluz (No Joy)
Jad Fair (Half Japanese)
Daniel Smith (Danielson)
Thierry Amar (Godspeed You! Black Emperor)
Timothy Herzog (Godspeed You! Black Emperor)
Jeremy Barnes (Neutral Milk Hotel/A Hawk and a Hacksaw)
Heather Trost (A Hawk and a Hacksaw)
Jamie Stewart (Xiu Xiu)
Daniel Rejmer (Ben Frost)
Stine Janvin Motland
Kid Millions (Oneida)
Sima Cunningham & Macie Stewart (Ohmme)
Marina Tadic (Eerie Wanda)
Adam Harding (Dumb Numbers)
Jordan Gieger (Hospital Ships)
Rob Halverson (Fields of Innards)
We are absolutely overjoyed to announce our Artist In Residence for 2019: Thor Harris.
Thor fully embodies the spirit of our Artist in Residence series. You may know Thor as the percussive polymath extraordinaire behind one of his many projects (Swans, Thor & Friends, Xiu Xiu, Bill Callahan, Amanda Palmer, Shearwater and many others including our own Dumb Numbers and Yonatan Gat's band).
But if you're unfamiliar with Thor Harris, there is a reason for that. Thor is rarely a leading man... That's just not his style. He's an artistic facilitator - going where he is needed in service to the greater good... He's a musician's musician. And we thought it was time for the dude to get the top-billing-treatment he deserves.
If you're still not convinced, here is a list of statements about Thor which might influence your decision to sign up for his Artist In Residence:
- Thor is like a caveman. From the future.
- He's at once terrifying and the most gentle soul ever... Incredibly empathetic, but he will punch a Nazi without hesitation.
- He ran for governor of Texas, "cause fuck this"
- He is one of the most self-aware and agile artists we have ever worked with. He has the musical curiosity of an uncorrupted child.
- He makes crushingly honest videos about depression.
- His Twitter handle is @ThorHarris666, but your grandmother would still adore him.
- He is inclusive to the extreme. As demonstrated by the fact that he spur-of-the-moment-contributed to nearly every track on our 2018 Holiday Sampler.
- From his home in Austin TX, he works as a plumber and woodworker. He helps to build homes for those in need, while combating runaway gentrification. He is a literal pillar of the Austin community.
- Thor will be personally putting his woodworking skills to use by hand-crafting and screen-printing each of the boxes in this set.
- Buying this box set makes you a friend to Thor. BEING a friend of Thor is like having a battle champion for life. If a dragon ever tries to get you, he will slay it.
Digital Updates #1, #2, & #3 have been sent and added!
QUESTIONS? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
*NOTE: None of these limited edition vinyl pressings will be sold individually apart from the box set. However, less-limited editions of one or two of these albums might be pressed and available more widely once the time comes.
Also, BY PURCHASING YOU AGREE TO REFRAIN FROM ANY DICKISH BEHAVIOR LIKE RESELLING AT EXORBITANT PRICES. Do not sign up if your intention is to flip these records. Thank you.