Joyful Noise Recordings stands in solidarity with the protests against police brutality and racial injustice. BLACK LIVES MATTER, and we support those working to end racial oppression.
We have made donations to the George Floyd Family Fund, Black Visions Collective, NAACP Legal Defense Fund, the National Bail Fund Network, Justice for Breonna Taylor, the Movement for Black Lives, and the ACLU of Indiana, and will continue to listen, to learn, to step up, and to take action.
This is only the beginning of our growth as a label towards becoming a more effective ally in the fight against racial oppression and police brutality. We encourage you to join us by donating, signing petitions, and calling or sending letters to your local representatives.
Below is a gathered list of resources and information on how you can help.
- George Floyd Family Fund
- Justice for Breonna Taylor Fund
- Help the family of Ahmaud Arbery
- Black Visions Collective (a black, trans, and queer-led social justice organization and legal fund based in Minneapolis-St. Paul)
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Until Freedom
- Communities United Against Police Brutality (Minneapolis)
- Northstar Health Collective (St. Paul–based organization that provides health services and support at protests)
- Loveland Therapy Fund
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund
- National Bail Fund Network
- Make one donation to a number of different community bail funds
- Minnesota Freedom Fund
- The Bail Project
- List of Minnesota-based organizations that support black, indigenous, and other targeted communities
- More ways to donate
- Justice for Breonna Taylor
- Protester Rights
- Movement for Black Lives
- Anti-Racism Resources
- Educate Yourself
- Feeling overwhelmed? Not sure what to do? Here’s a guide to the different roles that contribute to social change.
- Write to your elected representatives
- Find your representatives
- Report police conduct
- National Police Accountability Project
- Sign Petitions
- Text or Call